1. The chair name CHAIR OF PHYSIOTHERAPY EXERCISES, SPORTS MEDICINE AND REHABILITATION
2. History and outstanding figures of chair. At the initiative of rector Kharkiv Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education of professor N.I.Hvisjuka, decision ministry of health the USSR in 1982 had been based chair of physiotherapy exercises and the medical control which in 1991 has been reorganised in chair PTE and rehabilitations, since 2000 - rehabilitation and psychotherapy chair. Since January, 2009 the chair carries the name of chair of physiotherapy exercises, sports medicine and rehabilitation. The founder of chair and its head till 1999 was prof. Edward Nikolaevich Klepikov. With 1999 for 2006 the chair was headed by the doctor of medical sciences, professor Tariel Iljasovich Ahmedov. Since 2006 the chair is headed by the doctor of medical sciences, professor Vladimir Aleksandrovich Malakhov.
3. Full structure of chair: professor V.A. Malakhov, senior lecturer O.S. Balabuha, senior lecturer M.A. Makeeva, senior lecturer N.A. Fedorenko, assistant F.A. Voloh, candidate of medical sciences, assistant A.N. Zavgorodnjaja (the director of studies of chair), candidate of medical sciences, assistant S.M. Spuzjak, candidate of medical sciences, assistant K.A. Stepanchenko.
4. Directions of educational and scientific activity. Achievements in educational and scientific activity. At the moment the chair carries out preparation of doctors of cycles of thematic improvement, preattestative cycles and specialisation in specialities PTE, PTE-SPORTS medicine and thematic improvement for other specialities. Chair study for 2010: 1. Specialisation Physiotherapy exercises and sports medicine (for doctors of a medical profile) 12.03.-16.06.2010. 2. Specialisation Physiotherapy exercises (for doctors of a medical profile) 27.09. - 24.12.2010. 3. A preattestative cycle Physiotherapy exercises (for doctors who are certified on ІІ, І and the higher categories) 18.05.-17.06.2010. 4. A preattestative cycle Physiotherapy exercises and sports medicine (for doctors who are certified on ІІ, І and the higher categories) 27.10.-25.11.2010. 5. A cycle of thematic improvement Rehabilitation and psychotherapy of patients in the conditions of polyclinic (for doctors of a medical profile, doctors of family medicine) 04.01.-03.02.2010. 6. A cycle of thematic improvement New medical-diagnostic technologies in rehabilitation (for doctors of a medical profile) 08.02.-10.03.2010., 13.04.-14.05.2010, 27.09.-26.10.2010, 26.11-24.12.2010. 7. A cycle of thematic improvement of Feature of rehabilitation of geriatric patients (for doctors of a medical profile, doctors of family medicine) 11.03.-09.04.2010. 8. A cycle of thematic improvement Psychotherapy of psychosomatic diseases (for doctors of a medical profile) 18.05.-17.06.2010. 9. A cycle of thematic improvement Rehabilitation of patients with cerebrovascular pathology (for neuropathologists, therapists, cardiologists) 27.08.-24.09.2010. 10. A cycle of thematic improvement Complex rehabilitation of invalids (for doctors of a medical profile) 27.10.-25.11.2010. 11. A cycle of thematic improvement (on a paid basis) Infringement of speech at adults in system neurorehabilitation (for neuropathologists, therapists, doctors of family medicine) 13.04.-17.05.2010., 27.09.-26.10.2010.
Since 2007 on chair research work is carried out: «Rehabilitation of patients of a neurologic and somatic profile taking into account a condition immune and endocrine system and features of mentality». The basic scientific direction of chair for this time is studying of pathogenetic mechanisms focal defeats of nervous system taking into account a condition immune and endocrine systems, working out of new not medicamentous methods of optimisation and rehabilitation of patients with focal brain defeats: aerocryotherapy, craniocerebral hypothermia, cellular therapy, ozonotherapy, use of electromagnetic waves of a different range, transcranial magnetic stimulation. Also new not medicamentous methods of rehabilitation of sportsmen are developed. Prospects of the further scientifically-practical, educational and medical development of chair is: 1. Participation in working out of curriculums of preparation of doctors and the average medical personnel on medical rehabilitation on postgraduate education. 2. Strengthening of interaction with public health services bodies, sports establishments and public organisations for the purpose of improvement of a condition of medical aid on a speciality «Sports medicine». 3. Cooperation with bodies of public health services for the purpose of creation stages of rehabilitation service in Kharkiv and the Kharkiv area. 4. Development neurorehabilitation, as new, actual, almost significant direction in system of medical-social rehabilitation. 5. Introduction in practical work of effective methods of regenerative treatment (aerocryotherapy, craniocerebral hypothermia, ozonotherapy transcranial magnetic stimulation, apitherapy, aromatherapy, hirudotherapy, medical blockade with use botulinum toxin and ets), the topic treatment of sport trauma. 6. Performance of the program of medical-psychological rehabilitation of oncological patients. 7. Rehabilitation of patients with speech frustration (aphasias, dysarthrias) and swallowing infringements.
5. Study and methodical works: 1. Nonmedicamentous methods of treatment (Hvisjuk A.N., Malakhov V. A, Ahmedov T.I., etc.), 2007. 2. The collection of clinical lectures «Rehabilitation of patients with movements and speech disturbance» (Malakhov V. A, Zavgorodnjaja A.N., Stepanchenko K.A., Balabuha O. S), 2010. 3. Rehabilitation of patients with a syndrome muscular spasticity (Malakhov V. A, Zavgorodnjaja A.N., Makeeva M. A, Stepanchenko K.A.). 4. Kinesiotherapy neurologic diseases (Malakhov V. A, Fedorenko N.A., Zavgorodnjaja A.N., Stepanchenko K.A., Voloh Ф.А., Spuzjak S.M.), 2010. 5. Ozonоtherapy in medical rehabilitation (Malakhov V. A, Ganichev V.V., Zavgorodnjaja A.N., Voloh F.A., Skripchenko I.R., Salij A.V., Vojnilovich L.V.), 2010. 6. A pathology of speech at adults with organic diseases of a brain (Malakhov V. A, Zavgorodnjaja A.N.), 2010. 7. Psychotherapy of oncological patients (Balabuha O. S), 2010. 8. Mumijo and mumijoprophylaxis (under the editorship of the prof. Malakhov V. A), 2007.
6. Medical work: Teachers of chair constantly spend medical-diagnostic work in base hospitals and polyclinics, and also in treatment-and-prophylactic and sanatorium establishments of the Kharkiv area and other areas of Ukraine. Medical bases of chair: city clinical hospital № 7 of Kharkiv; city clinical hospital № 8 of Kharkiv; a regional medical-sports clinic of Kharkiv; regional hospital Chuguev the Kharkov region; the Ukrainian language of scientific research institute of prosthetics and work capacity restoration; Road clinical hospital of the item Kharkiv; sanatorium " Berminvody ". All collaborators of the chair on the clinical bases take medical work with application of wide arsenal of contemporary methods: daily examination of patients, consultations, the leading of subject patients in hospital, regular consultations in bases where the collaborators of the chair do not found constantly.
7. The international cooperation The chair collective co-operates with foreign experts in questions of medical rehabilitation, kinesiotherapy, occupational therapy M. Д. M.Solich (the United Arab Emirates, university of Abu-Dhabi), M.D.J.Nechitajlo (Munich), prof. T.Dzhanelidze (A.Tsereteli's university, Kutaisi, Georgia).